As an agency obsessed for good, we are committed to making a significant impact on the world’s most pressing issues. We’ve been executing local, state and regional advocacy campaigns for more than a decade on issues ranging from education policy to criminal justice reform. Now more than ever, we see the need to replicate and expand the reach of our skills and expertise, and align with like-minded agencies across the nation who not only seek to make a difference, but work for clients who want to make a meaningful impact.
For Saxum, that looks like working with clients who are successfully reuniting women back with their families and communities after incarceration, improving educational opportunities for all students, and seeking to make our world a healthier and more inclusive place. We approach our main focus areas as mountains worth moving, because we know intentional, dedicated and extended work is needed to make real change on big issues.
Our efforts to continually push for meaningful and measurable change have led us to an exciting next step in leveraging our public affairs expertise. We are thrilled to announce that we have joined the newly launched Public Affairs & Advocacy Alliance (The Alliance). This network of leading public affairs companies, through its coast-to-coast reach and full-service offerings in the public affairs and practice areas, was created to uniquely support and address key issues affecting organizations and industries across the country.
As we know all too well, keeping up with the ever-changing policy landscape can be a challenge. Playing catch up on the latest legislation, the always-evolving policy impacts and the most current and effective messaging can result in substantial lag time in effectively addressing and proactively managing issues. That’s where The Alliance comes in. This network will be able to leverage collective knowledge and identify and anticipate trends and shifts in policy across the nation, ultimately mitigating policy and public relations risks.
The Alliance is built on five key pillars:
- Decades of experience providing insights that can only come from established firms well connected to the political, business, and traditional as well as social media landscapes.
- Reputable market leaders that have the pulse of regional and state challenges, meeting those challenges with a localized approach.
- Insights informed through deep roots in key issues playing out at the state and local level, with the ability to provide an early warning on potential threats and capability to proactively seize on opportunities.
- National presence with a strategic focus that manages issues proactively and prevents the spread to other markets.
- Superior proven capabilities in public affairs with the ability to collectively execute a compelling and winning public affairs program.
We are looking forward to playing a key role in this national network of established and well-connected agencies in key regions like Oklahoma where policies are developed that often make their way across the country, including Sacramento, Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Lansing and Albany. See the full list of member companies here.