Marketing has evolved from traditional advertising tactics to focusing on lead generation and demand generation. And smart marketers have embraced revenue marketing tactics to generate repeatable, predictable, and scalable results. Revenue marketing moves beyond metrics such as impressions, click-throughs, and engagement to focus on the one thing that really matters: revenue generation.
Start Measuring What Matters
Businessman and marketer John Wanamaker famously said, ”half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.”
If only there were a way to zero in on the tactics that lead directly to revenue generation. That’s the goal of a revenue marketing strategy. It encompasses everything you do to attract customers and tracks the buyer’s journey to create a consistent pipeline with trackable ROI.
Here are the ten ways B2B marketing works in a revenue marketing strategy using automation and tracking as leads move through the sales process.
- Leads are tracked from various entry points as potential customers engage with content.
- Leads are scored automatically, and qualified leads are identified.
- AI automates the qualification process so the sales team doesn’t waste time chasing unqualified leads.
- Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) are converted into SQLs (Sales Qualified Leads). Hot leads are surfaced instantly for immediate attention.
- Leads are segmented according to predetermined categories.
- Leads are served relevant content.
- Leads are automatically nurtured with customized content to drive them to the next stage in the customer funnel.
- Outreach is optimized using data, analytics, and tracking.
- Effective strategies emerge and are embraced; tactics that fall short are discontinued.
- The end result is measurable and repeatable ROI.
Following this process from start to finish tracks leads from the first content to final conversion. Revenue marketing automation identifies the high-value leads early and nurtures them to keep your brand top of mind and nudge them along the buying journey.
Revenue marketing takes all the best attributes of inbound marketing, outbound marketing, and account-based marketing principles. More importantly, it tells you exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Eliminate the Disconnect Between Sales and Marketing
The key to growing revenue consistently is alignment between B2B marketing and sales. Yet there’s still a significant disconnect between these departments.
- Only a third of marketers said understanding the ROI of their campaigns is very or extremely important.
- Nearly half (48%) of salespeople say the things they need most for marketing teams are better quality leads and more leads.
Without understanding the ROI and what strategies create, nurture, and deliver qualified leads, it’s impossible to grow a predictable sales pipeline. That’s why so many businesses turn to a B2B agency for help bringing marketing efforts and sales into alignment to grow revenue.
Creating Meaningful and Measurable Change
It takes creative thinkers who love data and are committed to making meaningful and measurable change. If we can help you create a more consistent and predictable sales pipeline, contact us today.
A Comprehensive Guide to Revenue Marketing
Learn how to use marketing as a revenue driver.
- Encourage your existing customers to buy more frequently.
- Start reaching—and converting—more qualified prospects.
- Learn how to increase the average spend of your current customers.