Saxum currently has an opening for a part-time administrative assistant/receptionist. This will work under the supervision of the operations manager, but will receive work assignments from others.
- Be an ambassador of Saxum
- Welcome office visitors and respond to needs
- Answer phones and general e-mails; route them to the appropriate staff
- Assist in the coordination and planning of Saxum-related events and projects
- Draft, prepare, distribute and follow-up with various correspondence
- Maintain scheduling of conference room calendars
- Assist in coordination with vendors
- Coordinate meetings and help organize and set up catering
- Assist in scheduling interviews and orientations
- Schedule and coordinate Saxum’s Professional Development meetings
- Retrieve and disseminate mail each day
- Maintain and order office supplies, equipment and postage
- Oversee routine and emergency maintenance of office equipment (i.e., printer/copier and computers)
- Maintain and update files
- Put together staff meeting agendas and other meeting agendas/documents
- Maintain and organize online server files and databases
- Update mail/phone directories
- Assist in updating and posting Saxumship job openings
- Arrange office meals/parties
- Assist CEO with time sheet details
- Assist with booking employee travel
- Assist with projects for the administrative team and other Saxum staff as assigned
- Maintain and update a variety of lists
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Degree in related field, preferred but not required
- Experience: At least two years of work experience in office management or similar role.
- Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities/ and Other Characteristics:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required, and applicant must work well in a team environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Join.Me and Basecamp a plus.
- Ideal candidates will be energetic, positive and highly motivated, with the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities, manage multiple tasks and evaluate performance
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and resourcefulness
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Demonstrate a high level of trust and strict confidentiality
Saxum is an integrated communications firm offering strategic communications across all channels with expertise including public relations, advertising and digital, built to help clients elevate their brand and reputation. We are a diverse and dynamic agency of thinkers, doers, drivers and make it happen-ers.
Candidates meeting the requirements for this position should submit a resume and cover letter via our online application at www.saxum.com/careers.